To All Applicants:
Please be sure to read the job description for the position and complete the submission of your email address and resume at the bottom. Do not include your name and address on your resume. YOU SHOULD ONLY INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE ON YOUR RESUME.
Columbia Adventist Academy Secretary
Columbia Adventist Academy (CAA) is seeking a Secretary for the upcoming 2017 – 2018 school year. Applicants should understand this position extends in scope beyond the fulfillment of routine administrative tasks. Applicants must be ambassadors for CAA, believe in the mission of Adventist education, and a member in good standing within the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Because the school secretary works closely with the teachers and interacts with parents, applicants must like working with children, be flexible, and have the ability to set/maintain boundaries with others.
**Strong consideration will be given to well qualified candidates who also apply for the Columbia First SDA Church Administrative Assistant position.**
HOURS: 10 Hours a Week Maximum. Scheduling of Hours is Flexible.
COMPENSATION: $10.50 per hour
You must be willing to submit to a background check if hired.
- Type 65 WPM with accuracy and take accurate notes in meetings.
- Proficient in the use of the following software platforms:
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
* Email Clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (computer, telephones, copy machine, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Have excellent command of English composition and punctuation.
- Comfortable using social media.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answer the phone and front door.
- Follow up with emails and voice mails left with the school.
- Run photo copies for teachers.
- Clean/Organize school office and copy room.
- Check school mail.
- Assist the CAA treasurer with collecting tuition payments.
- Assist with occasional classroom supervision of students.
- Create paperwork for school registration.
- Maintain accurate student records.
- Compose school newsletter and other communiques
Special Requirements: An expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, be a SDA church member in good and regular standing.
BECAUSE THE CAA SECRETARY IS A MINISTRY POSITION, APPLICANTS SHOULD …
. . . exhibit professionalism demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, punctuality, and a positive demeanor.
. . . demonstrate flexibility and composure as the CAA Secretary will face a variety of settings, tasks, and circumstances.
. . . have an eye for detail and aim for excellence in all work they perform, especially when creating newsletters, emails, and writing parents.
. . . assist the teachers by being a self-starter, dependable, work well without supervision, and seek new information and training where necessary.